Date: 09/16/2018 – 4:00 PM
1. High tide was at 1:27 today, we saw no additional flooding as a result.
2. Over the course of the day, we started recording video of side streets by division and started posting to Facebook. They started on the north end of the beach. As of 20 minutes ago (3:40 PM), they got through to Division Two which covers North Ridge to Sea Oats Lane. They have been battling the driving rain, but pushing through. Hopefully will have them all posted by dark.
3. FEMA is staged, but can’t get to the Wrightsville Beach area at this time. No distribution centers have been established as of yet.
4. We do not have any new information to report regarding the reestablishment of power, water or sewer, other than they are proactively working on the problem. Power has been reestablished at the commercial businesses on the west side of the drawbridge, but as of right now power has not been reestablished in Wrightsville Beach.
5. At this time, we believe that the re-entry process will occur either Tuesday or possibly Wednesday, but crews are working to bringing our residents back sooner if at all possible.
6. We will be working to keep the public informed about the progress we are making through press conferences at 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM until we are back to normal operations. In addition, we will keep the public updated through the Police Department’s Facebook page and through our Public Information hotline. That number is below: