Wrightsville Beach Continues Limited Beach Access for
Non-Stationary Exercise Activities, the Closure of All Parking
for Beach Access, and the Prohibition of Short Term Rentals
Until May 8, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The Town of Wrightsville Beach will continue limited beach access for non-stationary exercise, the closure of all parking for beach access, and the prohibition of all short term rentals until May 8, 2020 at 5pm, or until rescinded, to include all of the following restrictions:
• With the exception of East Salisbury Street, all access points and beaches will be open for individual, non-stationary exercise activities to include only walking, jogging, swimming, and surfing/water sports.
• Sunbathing, sitting, fishing, games and all other activities will not be permitted on the beaches at this time.
• All beach equipment such as towels, blankets, chairs, tents, coolers, and umbrellas will not be allowed on the beaches at this time.
• Individuals participating in such exercise activities must follow strict social distancing measures.
• No exercise group shall have more than 10 people.
• Lifeguards will not be on duty.
• Dogs are not permitted on the beaches.
• Public restroom facilities will remain closed.
• All parks will remain closed, with the exception of walk-in tennis court use.
• All Town owned parking lots will remain closed to the general public.
• All public on-street parking spaces are closed to the public for any use except where allowed as part of this State of Emergency Declaration. This includes all on-street parking spaces that are not obstructed by cones, barricades, or that have no parking bags on the meters.
• Town of Wrightsville Beach residents, with a current parking hang tag or tax decal, will be permitted to utilize public on-street parking, only if they have no access to parking on their private property.
• Contractors, landscapers, and essential employees that wish to park in an on-street parking space must purchase a parking pass from the Wrightsville Beach Parking Office located at 321 Causeway Drive in Wrightsville Beach. Office hours will be from 8am to noon on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. More information may be found at the Town’s website (www.townofwrightsvillebeach.com) or by calling (910) 256-5453. The Parking Office will only be selling contractors passes and will not be performing any other in-person business, such as, the sale of resident parking passes or tax decals.
• There will be limited public parking available for business-use. This parking will be located adjacent to those essential businesses only that have no on-site parking and that are open for business. This parking must strictly be used to access those essential businesses only and not to access the beaches. Parking enforcement will be active in these locations.
• Private parking lots may only be used in conjunction with parking for access to essential businesses that are open for business. In no event shall a private parking lot be used to park to access the beach.
• Discontinuance of All Short-term Rental Operations: The rental of hotel rooms, motel rooms, and short-term lodging is prohibited (except as allowed by a governmental request to assist with the emergency response to Coronavirus, or to provide lodging in support of the supply or distribution of Covid-19 Essential Businesses and Operations or in support of our communities’ Covid-19 emergency response and practices utilized to fight the virus or its spread). Extended stay hotels or rental properties may continue to offer lodging for terms of no less than 28 days. These restrictions apply to vacation rentals, short-term rentals, bed and breakfast establishments, Air BNB, VRBO, hotels, motels, inns and similar businesses and establishments.