Travel Camp Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning, preparation, and implementation of our adult and teen travel camps, our Wrightsville Beach Surf Camp, our Carolina Surf School, and our Activities/Rental program. This position is also responsible for training, developing, and maintaining safety standards and the instructional methodology of our surf coaching staff. Interested applicants should send resume to Rick@wbsurfcamp.com
Ideal candidates are experienced watermen/women who are passionate about working in a summer camp/surf school environment, committed to coastal conservation, quality-oriented, self-driven, and have a vast array of skills and experiences to bring to this position. This full-time benefited position reports to the Operations Director and is in the amazing coastal city of Wilmington, NC.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 25 years of age
- Comprehensive surfing experience
v Knowledge of Ocean Rescue and Surf Instruction
- Bachelor’s degree (one of the following areas is preferred: Environmental Science/Marine Science/Hospitality Services/Parks & Recreation/Business Management)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and problem-solving strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervision experiences
- Ability to enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies/procedures to mitigate risk.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds inside or outside during the heat of the summer and other adverse weather conditions.
- Valid Passport and ability to travel to Costa Rica, Caribbean, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru
Desired Skills & Traits
v High attention to detail and ability to maintain a neat and clean desk
v Energetic, morning person with a positive optimistic attitude
v Ability to remain focused in a fast paced, stressful, and noisy environment
v Excellent creative and critical thinking skills
v Excellent water skills
v Ability to accept and give constructive criticism
v Team player and willing to be team player and perform tasks outside of job description
v Loves to have FUN!
Responsibilities and Duties
v Coordinate all logistics for Adult, School and Teen travel camps, including lodging, transportation, meals, activities, and community service
v Coordinate all logistics for our WB Day Surf Camp
v Hire, train, lead, and supervise your seasonal staff
v Maintain inventory management of all equipment
v Ensure organization of all paperwork and documents for all camps
v Market to prospective clients using both traditional and modern methods including phone, camp fairs, and social media.
v Maintain open lines of communication and collaborate with travel partners
v Prepare itineraries, room rosters, and Unit Leader Binders for all travel camps
v Ensure that all seasonal staff receive ongoing logistical support regarding scheduling, program requirements, and logistics
v Communicate with parents throughout camp programs via phone and email and address any parent concerns in a timely manner.
v Develop relationships with staff, current and prospective campers/clients
v Provide information to sell camps over the phone to prospective clients
v Supervise and manage logistics for the Rental Desk at SurfBerry, including staff leadership, rentals, deliveries, and lessons; maintain weekly inventory of all rental equipment
- Maintain accurate and timely registration, attendance, and participation records
- Ensure high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations, on-going training, and professional development.
- Maintain on call duties as assigned
- Provide ongoing support/training/supervision to surf coaches ensuring our instructional safety and coaching methodologies are followed
- Provide constant leadership and support to other administrative staff
We offer above average industry-standard compensation commensurate with experience, and the inclusion of 2 weeks of PTO to start, an additional 1 week of Bonus PTO after your first summer season, $225/month health insurance, 6 paid holidays, monetary bonuses, and pro-deal opportunities. Flex time to take advantage of good surf!
Full-Time year-round benefited position.
About Surf Camp Inc
Surf Camp Inc. is a leader in the growing world of learn-to-surf adventure camps. Our brand symbolizes a long-standing commitment to technical instruction expertise and ocean safety awareness which is evident in our three main core values: “Safety, Learning, and Fun!” We develop and conduct a diversified mix of summer camps for kids and teens, as well as adult travel adventure programs.
“Our mission is to cultivate a love and respect for the ocean by building confidence, developing character and inspiring stoke through safety, fun and learning”.