The City of Wilmington Stormwater Services is hiring a paid long-term intern for our outreach/education program. Please share this job opportunity. We encourage potential applicants to carefully read the job description and availability requirements in the link below. The ideal candidate could start between July – August.
Applications and questions must be answered and submitted online by 6/17/22. Interviews will be conducted in June for selected applicants.
- This is a paid internship job at $15/hr. Typically work 8-10 hours per week.
- Ideal candidate would commit to serving a long-term internship until graduation, typically 1.5-2+ years.
- Candidate would serve for multiple consecutive semesters, including summers (150 hours fall semesters, 150 hours spring semesters, 100 hours for summers, plus 15 hours for initial orientation/onboarding).
- Hours/days are flexible to accommodate school schedule, however this position does have specific availability requirements as indicated in the job description.
- Open to local college students – grad and undergrad can apply.
- Excellent communication, public speaking, writing, and organization skills required.
- Must be enrolled in accredited college/university working toward a degree.
- The length of this internship has proven to be beneficial work experience for former interns in securing full-time jobs immediately after graduation.