Local, Regional and National Surf Resources
Wave Forecasting Links
Use these links to help you figure out when, where, and how big the surf is going to be.
- Carolina Buoy Data – This site has just about every buoy along the Carolina Coast to forecast with.
- National Hurricane Center – All the information you need to forecast a good tropical swell.
- Wunderground Tropical Updates – Wunderground tropical updates and information.
- Hurricane Tracker – Great site to follow all the Hurricane activity.
- SNC Marine Forecast – Wunderground marine forecast for WB area.
- Local Weather Forecast – Very detailed local weather for WB.
- Buoyweather 2 Day Forecast – Only two days but still good.
- Swell Info – One of my favorites to use for all around forecasting.
- 2017 Wrightsville Beach Tides – Every high and low tide you need for 2017 thanks to NOAA.gov.
- CORMP Buoy Data – Great buoy data for local wave forecasting.
- Frying Pan Tower – A cool site for Frying Pan Tower and few other buoys nearby.
Live Surf Cams
Other live cams of interest.
- EiLiveSurf.com – Local surfing website from Emerald Isle, NC. Live cam, live weather, daily photos, and surf report.
- AbLiveSurf.com – Local surfing website from Atlantic Beach, NC. Live cam, live weather, daily photos, and surf report.
- Wblivesurf.com – The best local surf report for Wrightsville Beach, NC. 4 surf reports, daily photos, live HD Surf cam, live weather, and community news 365 days a year.
Other Surf Reports
- Rovercam Costa Rica – Daily photos and reports from Hermosa Beach, Costa Rica.
- East Coast Surf – Live cam of Atlantic Beach, NC and lots of other surf reports for our region.
- Surfchex – Local site with several live cams.
- Surfline – Tons of surf cams and links.
- Bali Waves – Probably one of my favorite surfing sites on the other side of the world.
- Ocean Isle, NC – Big Joe has done it now. Great live surf cam for Ocean Isle Beach. Stop by Salty’s Surf Shop for all you surf goodies while down there.
- Folly Surf Cam – Live surf cam of the Wash Out at Folly Beach.
- Surfside – Good site for South Carolina.
- Cardiff, CA – Hansen surf shop live surf cam.
- OBX Surf Info – Great site for the Outer Banks surf information.
- Carolina Beach – Carolina Beach Surf Cam courtesy of Hot Wax Surf Shop.
- 2nd Light, FL – Great site for Cocoa Beach Florida.
- Australia Surf Cams – Tons of cams for Australia waves and surfing.
- Ocean City, NJ – 7th Street NJ live surf cam.
- Kill Devil Hills, NC – Cool site for the Outer Banks surf scene.
- Holden Beach, NC – Nice report from Holden Beach, NC.
- New York Longboarder – A strictly Longboard surfing website from New York with a daily surf report.
- Daily Stoke – Cool site with interviews, vids, and much more.
This should give you just about every site that has local, regional, and national contest information.
- CNC/ESA – E.S.A. Central North Carolina district. Great people, great contests, and good times.
- SNC/ESA – E.S.A. Southern North Carolina district. Local contest info, results, and standings.
- OBX/ESA – E.S.A Outer Banks contest info, results, and standings.
- ASP World Tour – Official site of the Association of Surfing Professionals. Great site to keep track of local hero Ben Bourgeois and all of your other favorite pros.
- NSSA – Official site of the National Scholastic Surfing Association.
Surf Industry Links
Here is a list of all of your favorite surf companies.
- Arnette – Great sunglass company.
- Da Kine – The absolute best Surf, Snow, Kite accessory company out there.
- Rip Curl – Clean clothing and great accessory company. Local rep in town so spread the love.
- Quiksilver – Largest surf company in the world. Always clean and great prices.
- Billabong – Always clean surf company no matter what season.
- Dragon – Sunglass company with lots of cool designs.
- Smith – Large sunglass company with nice frames and clarity.
- Volcom – One of the hottest clothing lines in the surf industry.
- Hurley – Large surf company that was bought by Nike.
- Ezekiel – Small clothing company that is always clean and on the edge.
- Reef – Sandal, shoe, and apparel company that is a partner in the annual Reef/Sweetwater Pro-Am in Wrightsville Beach.
- Rusty – California based clothing company. Local rep lives in our town.
- Rainbow Surf Boards – Amazing twin fins and quads.
- Board Retailers Association – The Board Retailers Association (BRA) is the board sport industry’s preeminent voice for independent retailers.
- Sage Island – A great web design/marketing firm that just happened to rebuild Wblivesurf.com in 2007. I would suggest these guys/gals to anyone.
Other Great Links
These links are of other resources for our local community.
- Cape Fear Coast Visitors Guide – Great site for all of New Hanover County attractions.
- Visit Wrightsville Beach – A great site that lists all the area attractions for Wrightsville Beach, NC.
- Town Of Wrightsville Beach – The official website for the Town Of Wrightsville Beach.
- Blockade Runner Resort – The hotel that I would suggest staying at while at Wrightsville Beach and within walking distance to all the cool downtown shopping and restaraunts. Locally owned and venue for the Annual Hope From Helen Surf Silent Auction that helps raise money for many outstanding local and global charities.